Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Pot of Gold

Raj, please come out baby, there is a rainbow in the sky.
Ya I see that, Its been a while
Long while Raj, so long since we saw a rainbow!
18 years, its been 18 years since we saw a rainbow.

Do you believe what they say?
Yes I do
Please! Don’t be so naive, its just grandma’s tale
No I believe, I believe that there is a pot of Gold
Offo! Then run behind it, tum bhi na!

I did once, I chased a rainbow across the river, I found my Gold 18 years ago…. And you know what?
What?
She still shines as new.

2 comments:

  1. I love how this reads as a conversation, it had me picturing a rainbow and remembering the time I once saw where a rainbow ended! I couldn't get to it though as it was down a steep cliff, but I could see it. . .

    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, if it had not been for you, this post would have lived a "comment-less" life :) I love the way this reads too.

    ReplyDelete